Thursday, May 17, 2012

Teak Oil

As the name implies, and may be quite obvious to some, to condition teak wood, one should use teak oil! I guess I was expecting an oil like you would use to condition a table, but teak oil is a sticky, gooey...oil that requires mineral spirits to clean up. I'm all about starting a project but man, I hate the clean up. In this case, I just threw my rag away. Bonus.

I poured some oil on a rag, rubbed it on to our Craigslist find and voila! We had a like-new set. All the sun-fading and water marks went away. I told Glenn that if the lady had done this BEFORE we bought it, I probably would have paid several hundred more. It only cost me $7, so I win.

Can you see the difference? Try it with your would furniture. It's amazingly un-water-penetrable. It that a word?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails