Monday, October 5, 2009

It's that time again...

Deployment. Blech.

Glenn leaves any day now for fall "cruise". Deployment part II of 2009. Of course as usual we said our good byes this morning and then he called 10 minutes after I had left to say he's not leaving today. We get one more night together which is wonderful, but sometimes you mentally prepare yourself for something and then of course it changes. Yesterday they were leaving a day early, today something different.

It seems hard for me to believe that after this fall deployment, Glenn will have been gone for pretty much half of the year. And guess what? We have to do this next year and again the next year. Glenn's shore tour (our 3 year tour after Japan where he won't be deployed- ever (maybe)) is going to be amazing!

While being gone 6 months this year is pretty crazy, I was amazed at how fast the year went. I guess when you break the year in to a lot of "Glenn will be home in 5 weeks" and "Australia in 3 weeks" you have small goals to overcome which is easier to do than "Glenn is gone for 4 months!"

This cruise will go by very quickly I think because I'll be visiting Glenn at a port call in the middle. I'm really excited for this one which I can't post on here now, but I will once it gets closer.

Time to put my deployment pants back on. A month of Glenn home was just enough time to really get used to have him home. Back to just Stella girl and me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Be Strong - miss you and love you! Call any time you need to talk. Also - I am sure that there are lots of TV shows that you can entertain yourself with :)

Sarah Stewart said...

Shore tour is MUCH better than sea tour! Jack deployed four times, each 5 months or longer in two years and after that sea tour was done, he hasn't deployed since. So know that it gets better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails