Glenn and I went to the home store on base which only has about 12 options. We spent about 30 minutes looking at every model. Honestly though I don't think anything will stand up to the Kirby demonstration we had at our house in Norfolk. Annoying cause they lady wouldn't leave after a 45 minute presentation (Glenn, you should have answered the door, I can't so no. :) ) and then told us the vacuum was $1200 (!!!) but I digress. Ok so at the home store, our options are limited. We can spend anywhere from $70 to $600 though.

We finally decided on the Dyson DC24 which at $350 was a lot, but thanks to the Navy Exchange system and no tax is way cheaper than anywhere else, including Dyson's website.
The vacuum is the tiniest thing every (the handle extends to make it the same height as a normal vacuum) but it is the greatest thing ever! It also comes in full size too ($600), but we have a small apartment and probably will in the future so this was perfect for us. We decided on this vacuum because it has no extra parts necessary. No bags, no filters, nothing. Everything is washable and bagless. I know I've seen the commercials about all the engineering and design work that goes in to a Dyson and I didn't believe it was worth hundreds of dollars, but OMG it is! I know I'm raving about a vacuum, but the engineer in me gets excited about this vacuum. The handle comes out and flips around to become the extension hose, you can take the canister off with one hand and another button dumps the dirt. Awesome. Ok, so maybe I've officially made the transition from working to housewife...but at least I enjoy vacuuming now.

3 comments:
Don't feel too bad about it, Nate and I have the same dyson I believe and i've been raving about it ever sincewe got it! We are both officially domesticated! A great vacuum is truely something to rave about :) congratulations and welcome to the club
I actually want a vaccuum for christmas (not from Jack [just in case he's reading this], from my parents). I'm leaning towards an Oreck. My mom's had hers for 13 years and still LOVES it! I might have to look at the dyson too! They're the same price!
Justin and I have the original Dyson and I love it. It picks up everything we had somebody demonstrate the Kirby and their steam clean well if I am going to pay 1600 dollars it better get all the stains out! we had to reclean the area they did with Justin's parents carpet clean and the stains came out. My dyson picks up all of the dog hair and Rebel sheds a ton. Enjoy
Post a Comment