Monday, January 25, 2010

Tim & Cheryl Visit Japan - Sumo Tournament

Cheryl and I attended my monthly Japanese American Friendship group with me on Tuesday while Glenn and his dad had lunch and checked out the squadron and the airplanes. Afterwards, we headed to Tokyo for the annual sumo tournament. We got there a little later than expected, but still got to see several rounds of the tournament. I don't know why I like sumo, but it always manages to keep my attention. Probably because there is lots of drinking and each match lasts about 5 minutes. Easy to follow along!

I was really surprised how full the stadium was on a Tuesday afternoon! I guess since it is only in Tokyo in January, May and September for two weeks each time, you have to go when it is around!

After dinner, we went to a yakitori (aka meat on sticks) restaurant where I ordered natto (fermented soy beans) for Tim, Cheryl and Glenn to try. By the name alone, I'm sure you can tell that they were not fans! I can't blame them though, it smells like feet.

Thanks for coming to visit, it was a quick but wonderful trip!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails