Glenn bought a new cookbook a few weeks ago called Cook This, Not That. It's based on the series of books Eat This, Not That, but this book teaches you how to make restaurant favorites in a much healthier way. Since we always see delicious looking seafood at the grocery store, we decided to try a scallop recipe. I've only cooked scallops a few times, but I was surprised how easy they are too cook! The hardest part was making sure I didn't over cook them (which I probably did a little, but they still turned out ok). The recipe only took about 25 minutes from start to finish (not counting the 20 minutes I tried to keep everything warm when Glenn was late home from work :) ). I only had to chop 1/2 an onion and a few strips of bacon. Easy!
Just a side note- Glenn and I used only 1 can of Navy beans, 3 slices of bacon (cause it's bacon), 1/2 of one lemon and we had a dozen medium sized (1.5" diameter) scallops and the recipe was the perfect for 2 people. So I'm not sure what they are talking about when they say it serves 4 people. Maybe as a first course. If you click on the recipe above, you should be able to view it larger. You should definitely try it, it was delicious!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago


1 comment:
we're trying this tonight!
Post a Comment