Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dave & Jen Visit Japan! Day 6

Monday was Disneyland Day! We got up early and started the drive back towards the airport to go to Disneyland. For my birthday last year, I went to DisneySea, but this would be my first trip to Disneyland!
I was hoping that Disney would be less crowded than I had heard. It wasn't a weekend or a Japanese holiday, but it didn't matter, it was still crowded! For example, we got to the park at 10:15 (it opens at 9) and our first Fast Pass for the new-ish Monster, Inc. ride was for 8:30 pm!
Our first ride was the Winnie the Pooh Honey Hunt ride mostly because it is unique to Tokyo Disney and since Dave & Jen are Florida Disney veterans, we wanted to go on the rides new for them. I've only been to Florida Disney once so I was up for whatever! The gouge Jen had received said that this ride was excellent and the particular woman she talked to went on it 5 times! After Winnie the Pooh, we stopped listening to that lady! It was fun, but not waiting-in-line-for-75-minutes fun.

We went on several more rides and of course checked out the parades. The night parade was my favorite! The Japanese are crazy at Disney. If you are a girl and not wearing Minnie ears, bow or headband, you are the minority! They also like to wait in crazy long lines, like this one which was probably an hour long, for caramel corn! There was an equally long line for giant chicken legs! I was confused!
Since there are often so many crowds at Disney, they have developed a few techniques for dealing with it that Florida does not have to. Like the shows. Since there are only so many shows a day, you have to take your park tickets, put them in to a machine and then there is a raffle to determine if you get to go to the show or not! We were successful for the Princess show, but no luck for the Musical show in front of the castle. Here is Jen with our show tickets!
A few pictures from the show and parade:
I also enjoyed showing Dave and Jen the crazy food they have in Japan. A few of the things we tried were-
  • Honey and lemon churro
  • Soy sauce popcorn
  • Mickey-shaped chinese steamed buns
  • Strawberry popcorn
We also saw black pepper popcorn and curry popcorn. I don't know what their obsession is with the flavored popcorn at Disney!

We stayed through the fireworks show, which I must say was a let down. It lasted only 5 minutes, but then we took the monorail back to our hotel!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails