I left my house at 6 am on Thursday and arrived in sunny Guam around 3 pm the same day. Getting to Narita airport takes about 2 1/2 hours by car, train and then bus. And that was all before I even got on a airplane. I did end up leaving a littler earlier than I had to so I wandered around the mall at the airport. I found wasabi, cantaloupe, cherry blossom and buttered corn kit kats! Success! The corn ones were disgusting, but the cantaloupe might just be my new favorite. I also saw several other new flavors, but didn't feel like spending $10 on the big souvenir size boxes they had.
During my descent into the Guam airport, I noticed the cars and houses below and suddenly got very nervous that I was going to have to drive on the RIGHT side of the road again. I just kept thinking, "right side, right side, right side" when I picked up my rental car.
I met Glenn in the room and we headed straight to the pool to enjoy the last few hours of sunshine...it felt GOOD!
We met up with a new couple in the squadron, Chris and Nicole, and went for dinner at a great Thai restaurant. Glenn had gotten up at 4 am that morning so we didn't make it a late night, but I did enjoy being able to read the restaurants and store signs as well as the 'Welcome to the United States of America' sign when I got off the airplane (as well as the shorter U.S. Resident line at customs/immigration!) during my first day in Guam.
Guam is a huge Japanese tourist destination so it didn't feel entirely like we had left Japan. Everything was just written in English first, then Japanese instead of vice versa around here. There are of course signs like these even though it is America. Overy berry? Ovary berry? Or is that a berry next to Very Berry. Someone should have thought more about this.
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment