I am super duper excited about one particular souvenir I purchased in Bali. Too bad it won't arrive for 6 weeks in a giant crate.
Remember this post? And then this post? I thought I was either going to have the table of my dreams or be a poor lady. Turns out you only have to fly to Bali to buy the table of your dreams!
Bali had amazing antique, custom, "antique" and hand made furniture for dirt cheap negotiable prices. I got my table for a fraction of what I would have paid from a company in the states. Half the fun of buying it was climbing through all the wood shops to find just the right piece of wood. We spent about a day and a half of our trip in places like this:
There were stacks of "slices" of trees that I looked through and measured til I found one the right size.
I finally found this piece that was the right size and shape!
It is wet here so I could see what the finished piece will look like once it is sealed. This piece is also 3 meters long and my table will be about 82 inches (210 cm) so the curved part on the top won't be included. I can't wait for it to arrive! It should look similar to this when finished:
I can't wait for it to get here!!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

1 comment:
The "antique" part made me laugh :) I can't wait to see your table!! How neat that you ended up finding exactly what you were wanting, in Bali no less!
Post a Comment