We're now approaching the 6 month mark of our time left in Japan. Our PRD (Projected Rotation Date) is September 2011. How are we here already?! It seems like we just left for Japan not so long ago, but now we are quickly running out of time to check all of those boxes. I'm ready though. I'm ready to move, to start our next adventure and do so with our families and friends closer.
Glenn is still attempting to get a hold of his detailer (job assigner guy) to work out where we will go next. Where might we go, you ask?
- Back to Norfolk, VA where Glenn would be an instructor in the training squadron, VAW-120
- Back to Kingsville or Corpus Christi, TX where Glenn would also be a training instructor
- To Meridian, MS where he could also be an instructor
- To Pt Mugu, CA where he could be a Weapons and Tactics Instructor (he could do the same in Norfolk or Fallon, NV as well)
I'm sure there are other possibilities that I don't even know about, but that's what things are looking like right now. Lots of options! Our first choice is to go back to Norfolk, but we have been debating what our second choice would be (if the Navy gave us a choice). Would we buy a house? Would we not buy a house? Which city would we live in in each area? Up until Japan, we didn't really have much choice and in Japan, most of those choices are moot, so now I feel like we have so many things to think about! Thinking about them, though, just makes me want to get started. Let's move already.
We still have some major obstacles in the way of moving though. An entire summer deployment, for example. Another 4 month deployment makes moving seem SO far away, but a few more months with Glenn before he leaves, a visit from my parents and it will be time for packing and cleaning before I know it. I'm planning on heading out in August and Glenn will meet Stella and I back in the States. The countdown is on!
1 comment:
I remember feeling the same! And I feel like I just left so how is it your turn already!!???! I say go for Norfolk so when we leave Kville in about 6 to 9 months, we'll be together! : )
Post a Comment