Another update for those of you back home. Glenn left today. The planes have been instructed to "get outta dodge" to make room for the relief efforts. Other ships are in our area filling in during our guys' time off so they are using our base as a staging point. Glenn and his mighty E-2 are not needed during this time (mostly the helicopters are needed for search and rescue and delivering supplies) so they are on their way elsewhere.
I was telling a friend earlier that this reminded me of Hurricane Dean when we were living in Kingsville, TX. The hurricane was headed towards the Texas coast so all of the airplanes were evacuated further inland, leaving the wives and children behind.
Don't worry though, I've got my big girl undies on. I'm taking care of my Stella bear and weathering the craziness here at Atsugi. We're fine. We're in no harm for the time being.
Several families have chosen to return to the States on their own. This is not required or requested by the Navy, but for personal choices. Some are pregnant and worried about the radiation. Some have small children and worry the same. With the husbands departing (the helos are also moving further north to help from a closer base) it is easier to be with family than be alone. Some are just crazy-pants (in my opinion).
At this time, I don't plan on going anywhere. Thank you for the phone calls and emails though (when the power is working). They mean a lot!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

2 comments:
PS. This is Laura Moore not Tyler :)
I love your crazy pants comment!
Post a Comment