So after all the madness yesterday today was....uneventful. We had a meeting about the evacuation this morning that provided very little information in fact. They don't know where we are going, when we are leaving, what happens when we get to the states, when we are coming back, nothing.
They answered a few questions, but beyond that, it was not really useful except for telling me that I am in Category 4, the last category since we don't have any children.
So I came home and organized a few things and packed up a box to mail to my parents. I went to the post office and then to one of the hangars where they vet set up shop to give out health certificates for pets which are needed by commercial airlines to fly with your pet. Thank goodness I went when I did because I waited for 10 minutes and people 2 hours later waited for over 3 hours, ugh!
I came home and took a nap and then got sushi with some friends. Glenn called this evening from Guam and they are settled in for a bit. I bet he wishes he had taken his scuba gear! I guess he can rent some too. :) Not sure when he'll be back or I'll see him again.
The lists of names and flights for evacuation are not available yet. There aren't even any planes in Atsugi yet! I'm honestly starting to doubt that a full evacuation will even take place. As nice as a free trip to the states would be, I'm not sure now is the time to go. One of my students sent me an email today that said, "Let's pray for the people who has been really suffering now and endure whatever we face. It's the most important to help each other and share the pain. take care. I also think of your husband working hard for us."
How about we help our Japanese friends? I'm not ready to leave this country yet and as the Fukushima plant is starting to be controlled, I'm not sure I'll need to! More time will tell what is to happen. I'll keep you posted! It's a roller coaster around here.
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

2 comments:
Thinking of you, friend! Can't imagine how stressful it is! Whatever happens, we are long over due for a phone chat. Let me know when you have the time.
Post a Comment