Apparently there is a term for how I was feeling yesterday and I didn't even know it - aniticipatory grief. My friend, Annalisa, sent me a great link to this discussion on SpouseBuzz.com, a military spouse network.
Anticipating the Worst
I thought this other article was an interesting spin on the idea as well. We, as military spouses, often think of the "What Ifs" while our husbands and wives are at war, but do they ever think what their life will be like if we were gone?
My Deep, Disgusting Secret
I guess I feel better that we all go through this at some point and that I have veteran spouses to lean on during my first real deployment. No other civilian job has a support group for their spouses at home!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

3 comments:
I heart annalisa :)
Hang in there and give me a call if you need to! You know you can admit all your scary, crazy, unbelievable 'what-ifs' to me..... Miss you TONS!
The first time I read about anticipatory grief was a powerful experience for me. It was a relief to see in writing that I'm not the only one who harbors morbid thoughts and plays through painful scenarios in her head. You rock for blogging about it and helping raise awareness of a topic most people feel uncomfortable discussing at all.
Post a Comment