
Last Saturday a big group of us headed to Nissan Stadium to check out the Yokohama F Marinos! The F stands for football. Why they abbreviate it? I don't know. The stadium was huge and not even half full- perhaps because it was one of those cold-looks-like-it-might-rain kind of days, but we had a great time and lots of beers and chu-his.

Glenn in front of the stadium.

The super-fan section with their giant jersey. Probably my favorite part.

Love you Mr! The Marinos ended up losing to Tokyo 0-1, but it was still a good game. I can't believe after all the years of playing soccer, this was the first professional soccer game I had been to.
The best part about going to concerts, sporting events, other hotels, etc is that MWR gives us 25% of the cost of the tickets/rooms back in cash! It's like a 25% discount every time! After our skiing trip to Nagano we got almost 20,000 yen back! Buyah! So after the soccer game I got 1300 Yen back. It's a bonus program that the Navy does to encourage us to get off base, see things and do things in our host country. I'll take you up on it, Mr. Navy, don't you worry!
No comments:
Post a Comment