Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bitter

So I'm finding myself getting a little bitter (or a lot). It's lonely here and there is no end to Glenn being gone, in sight. When I get frustrated and bitter, I get mean. I hate to admit it, but I've been a little mean lately. I've said things that are less than polite about decisions that other people have made. It's none of my business of course, I'm just getting frustrated. Gomen nasai.

Now, time to occupy myself with non-evacuation/Navy/earthquake related matters!

The pantry game continues! Today I made macaroons with the half full bag of almonds we've had for over a year. Apparently the recipe said "blanched" almonds which I overlooked. Hence the brown rather than pretty white color. Oh well. They taste good!

Also on the menu for the JMSDF Food Drive: pumpkin bars. I had a random can of pumpkin leftover from the fall. I also seem still have an excess of eggs in my fridge. This recipe called for 4! Success!
Also need this evening to combat my bitterness, a lovely margarita. I knew I was saving that bottle of strawberry margarita mix for a special day.
When there was a sale for a 2-year BH&G subscription for $12 back in January, I jumped on it! It finally arrived this week. I remember growing up reading my mom's subscription and now I have a copy of my own. Now if only I had a real house to better... or garden...
Stella bear! She is healing nicely. And looking as cute as ever. What more can I ask for.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am picturing you like Skinner when she is drunk.. "I hate the world'
Hope that you can entertain yourself somehow. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm bitter and I'm not going through all of it! Just think of all the good you're doing!! Sending hugs! And wishing I was there to keep you company.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Amy, you may have deleted your comment here, but it still gets emailed to me. What hurtful things to say. I am struggling and going through things the same as everyone else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails