Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Futaba English Circle Farewell Party

Last Thursday was my farewell party for one of my favorite English classes. I've only taught them for a year, but it was a lot of fun. The first class has 8 members and most of them lived in the States at one point or another so their English was great. In fact, many of them even have their own English schools in their homes. The second class was more beginner, but they would write a "topic" for each class and share sometimes the funniest stories about their life. I'll miss them very much!

We went to an Italian restaurant in Ebina that serves locally sourced produce and food. How 2011 of them! It was delicious! We had salad, 3 courses of pasta, pork and dessert! The food was amazing!

Of course, it wouldn't be a Japanese party if there wasn't some sort of game or scheduled event. Next, we played a game where a person had a word on their back and we had to give them one-word clues to help them guess. I noticed while we were playing that the first letter of each word was red while the rest were black. I started figuring out what they were spelling in the middle of the game and thank goodness because I would have been there for awhile otherwise.

All the letters spelled out: WE WILL MISS YOU. Too cute.

During dessert, they presented me with gifts and a book of notes that they had written for me. I think it will be my favorite souvenir from Japan. So thoughtful and in their broken English, it is just perfect.
I hope to stay in touch with many of them in the future. They gave me their email and mailing addresses so I could write to them. I told them if they write to me, I will write them back so they can practice their English.

While saying good-bye to all of them, I, of course, started crying. I can handle many situations, but good-byes are not one of them. They all commented that "normally, you are so cool, but today, you are like young lady." Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but either way, I am going to miss them a lot!

The 3 months of good-byes continues...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails