Monday, July 25, 2011

Tuesday 10: Eating in Takayama

My parents are pretty good sports when it comes to trying new things. They were very good sports when it came to the ryokan (J hotel) that we stayed at during our last two nights traveling. There were somethings that after 3 years living here that seem normal to me, but there were definitely some new things. I just shrugged my shoulders and took a bite. Here are a few:

1. Tiny crab!
2. Cold mystery vegetable goo with slimy sauce. Despite the name, not so bad.
 
3. Salt baked fish. Before. After.
 4. Tempura. Delicious minus the fish guy.
5. Lots and lots of pickles, rice and soup!
6. Breakfast!
 7. Dinner on the second night was shabu-shabu. It was delicious! It was lots of veggies and beef soup essentially.
 
8. Cherries for dessert.
9. I think this was breakfast. I can only tell because of the orange though.
10. We also had pickle omelet for breakfast.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails