Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sumiyo Snacks: Potatoes!

I had class with my student, Sumiyo, this week and as usual, she brought me some sort of edible gift. This one was better than those in the past (dried fish snack mix? No thanks.)- homegrown potatoes from her garden! Sumiyo and her family have many projects they work on including a large farm, silk moth collecting and an air-conditioning business. I'll be making Traxler family potato salad for the 4th of July BBQ just like my grandma and mom always made. It will be my first attempt though so I hope I do it justice!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Just made the potato salad today since everyone is coming over for a bbq tomorrow. If you need help, let me know. I've made it quite a few times now! Make sure you let the dressing thicken and cool to a pudding texture. Happy 4th! See you in a little over a month!

Related Posts with Thumbnails