Glorious, American picnic food! Delicious! Great grandmas potato salad turned out perfect!
Pizza is pretty expensive out in town so whenever we have these open base events, the line for donuts and pizza is usually over an hour long! They bring the ovens out into the street and are making and baking them right there as fast as they can. I often see Japanese people walking around with a stack of 3 pizzas and 3 dozen donuts, tied together, one in each hand. I'm glad we're not the only ones who act crazy in this country. Picnic festivities. Bobbi, Nikky, Kyle and Ann.
Fireworks on the football field with thousands of other people. I enjoyed the fireworks, but could have done without the soundtrack. We started with a little Hendrick's national anthem, but then went downhill with Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones theme music. I suppose that is American, but even I, the music-illiterate, could have chosen a better soundtrack. Oh well, kinda glad we couldn't hear it so well.
Finally, a good old-fashioned try-not-to-blow-your-finger-off illegal street fireworks. God Bless America!

No comments:
Post a Comment